Features You Should Include in a Travel App
Thinking of building a travel app that would give you a huge round of success in the long run? Well, in an era when travel business has made a significant stand in the market, business owners are seeking for exclusive ways to attract new customers, why don’t you become a savior to them? As a wise mobile application developer, why don’t you help them with converting their potential customers into regular clients? A travel app is actually going to be a great solution to this. So, how to make a travel app? How exactly it’s going to benefit you? And, what are the features you should emphasize on while working on the application? Take a deep breath, as this blog is going to answer all of these questions.
The functionalities of a travel app are not limited to a single slice. It can be a travel agency or can simply be a hotel business. However, a travel app should always offer comprehensive services to the clients, so that they are satisfied with the services. The app you build should not always provide the business owners with an increased profit; rather, it should work as a support for their business.
Travel apps always make the experience of the customers easier. So, for them trying to give a boost to their travel business, mobile travel app development can really be a great help, as it will create several new prospects for their existing business. So, before you create an app, why don’t you think of yourself as a tourist either? It will help you come up with the best ideas, thereby catering to the exact requirements of the travellers. So, this is how it should go-
- Yes, planning your trip on the first go is something you should come up with initially. Here, a trip planner will help you in more than one way. This is where one can store his tickets, schedules, destinations, contacts, etc. TripIt and Google Trips can be cited as the best examples for the same.
- So, now when one is done with the planning, he/she needs to book a place to stay. Isn’t it? Thus, you should definitely create a room in the app where one can find and book the most comfortable and suitable hotel, holiday home or apartment. Although there is a number of business giants in this sphere, still the best part is that they also provide their APIs for free. So, here, in this context, all you need is a map with geo-enabled location and some hotel booking API like Orbitz to complete the process.
- Then, it’s about transportation. One can definitely not think about proceeding a single step without booking a ticket on flight, train or bus. Again, there are lots of players in this segment who have already ruled the parade. And, with almost every transportation company having its own app, your clients might feel an inclination to opt for renowned brands only due to their better understanding of the transportation system. Here, you should introduce something that will help your app stand tall among its competitors. You can also inherit something new and try to apply the same in your application. Putting a map with geolocation feature would always help the customers with visual presentation. At last, you should definitely try such feature that will provide the end customers with easy booking of transportation.
- Travelers would always love to get the best reviews and feedback. So, would you really not want to come up with something that will engage more customers towards your app? Definitely, yes… right? It’s applicable not only for the places to stay but also for the places that one would like to visit and for the services he/she is going to use. TripAdvisor can be the best instance in this regard. Try to add a feature like this. Also, try to provide your rating content via API for free.
- Researches say that weather conditions always happen to affect the plans while travelling. Thus, weather apps are always a great solution for the business owners as well as the travellers. Your development team can use one of free open source API`s to fuse this feature in the mobile app.
- Last but not the least; the travel app you are building should always be user-friendly. This is one of the most effective ways you can attract more eyes towards the same.
OnDemandTec excels in building an array of on demand apps that cater to the real-time needs of the clients. So, if you are in search for any help regarding travel application development, we are just a call away. Our expert professionals on board have the best round of expertise in this domain and they would just love to come to your instant aid.